20120906

[SCANS + TRANS] 120906 - SBS Inkigayo Magazine with NU'EST (April issue)










Ren: 80% Boy VS 20% Man

Baekho: His figure in daily life is someone who’s more like a boy than a man. His first impression too. Although he’s manly in daily life but he’s really~ cute!

Baekho who changed into Show Host! Let’s promote Ren!

Although he looks like a girl, he has a ‘manly’ personality and he gives a mystical atmosphere. In daily life, he’s well-behaved and quite. But, if you get to know him well, he’ll turn into a ‘laugh’  machine! You won’t get bored. And every morning, when he just woke up, his figure is so cute that you’d want to bite him. (Laugh) He’s a boy who have pure spirit but has hidden his ‘manly’ side! There’s not that much mystical guy like him in Korea. Do I have to promote him more? Ehm… He has long legs, and his body proportion is good. His face is really good-looking too! Ah, I don’t know anymore~ Ren Jjang! Ren is the best!!

Baekho: 40% Boy VS 60% Man

Aron: His appearance when you look at him is “A Man”. He’s somehow… should I say, he’s just like a guy who’s good at sport, and popular in school? Rather than a boy, he looks more like a man! But, he sleeps a lot. Because he has a carefree style, 40% Boy!

Aron who changed into Show Host! Let’s promote Baekho!

Firstly! He’s good looking. Personality? He’s really manly! He has a strong first impression, if you get to know him more, he’s really kind-hearted. Although he has a charismatic facial expression, he’s a bright kid when smiling/laughing. Also, He’s really thoughtful, and take care of people around him as well. Sometime, he cooks breakfast, he’s a romantic guy who cooks but (the food he cook) is not… deli—(whispers)

Aron 80% Boys VS 20% Man

JR: He’s in charge of mood-maker in the team. He can’t speak Korean well, so when we ask him “Hyung, Should we do this? Should we eat this?” He’ll innocently and brightly answer “Okay~”! He has a lot of toys that I want to give more percentage to ‘Boy’. I give 20% for ‘Man’ because he’s charismatic on stage, and because he’s affectionally take care of us.

JR who changed into Show Host! Let’s promote the ‘Guy Number 3’ Aron!

He’s good looking, he’s unexpectedly has a cute side.  He’s a guy who has ‘Aegyo’. You wouldn’t get sick of him. Also, he’s really good at English, when we’re going overseas, we don’t have a problem with “communicating”. He’s really smart, just like someone who has an ‘Elite Background’. But, his smartness can be his flaw too. Ehm! Please carefully make a choice~ You’ll pick 2 guys? Thank you. (Laugh)

JR 90% Boy VS 10% Man

Minhyun: Charismatic stare and his dance skill on the stage! But in daily life, he’s really a boy. Firstly! He really likes snack. On day-off he’d rent comic books and read it. Not just a popular comic like ‘One Piece’, he’s aficionados who addicted to enjoyable comics. He’s a man only on stage! But the rest, He’s a boy (Laugh).

Minhyun who changed into Show Host! Let’s promote ‘Guy Number 4’ JR!

I’ll do my best. (Minhyun suddenly turns into Show Host). Yes~~ I’m 00Home Shopping Show Host, Minhyun. Firstly, JR has a strong leadership. He’s good at dancing, even dancing until he’s really good at it. When there’s no dance teacher around, JR is our dance teacher! Then, he has a charming voice, and has a cool rap skill. He has one flaw… He’s so thin, he needs to eat a lot. His girlfriend won’t spend a lot for food expense. Did I promote him enough?

Minhyun 50% Boy VS 50% Man

Ren: Although sometime he’s chic, but usually he has a lot of aegyo, and he often kindly nags like a mom. But he’s really playful, that he’ll fight with me, sometimes. Boy and Man! I think he stand in the line between them.

Ren who changed into Show Host! Let’s promote ‘Guy Number 5’ Minhyun!

Minhyun has a really~ good-looking face and a sweet-sugar voice! He has a model pose, although you see him from far. When you look closely at him, he has a tall height and a figure like a model. Also, he’s a smart ‘Straight and Narrow Guy’. So if you wondering ‘My boyfriend will keep an eyes on other girl?’  Don’t worry~ I’m sure he’s not a rebel type. But he’s really playful, you could get upset because of him. If he’s not that playful, 200%! I’d think he’s a guy that couldn’t be compared to any other guy in the world.



REN 1995.11.03

Q. Please introduce yourself

Hello, I’m NU’EST Style Guy, Ren. Style is important for me, and I like every~  fashion-related items. It’s spring, so I’m attracted to hats these days. Although I’m in charge of vocal in the team, I’m confident with rapping, too. If there’s a opportunity, I’ll show it.

Q. Your undeniable charm point?

Although I’m usually the quite type, If I get the ‘FEEL’ , I’ll turn on the music, do the body-gag and give a laughter to other members. The ‘Reversal Charm’? (Laugh)

Q. I saw the interview that said because your pretty face and sweet voice, you often received a lot of misunderstanding. Are you a boy? Or a Girl?

I often receive this question. 100%, No. I’m 200% Boy. (Laugh) People who saw me at first would say “You look like a girl”, but I’m not annoyed or sad because of it. I just want to say that I’m just an ordinary boy. (Laugh)

Q. What makes you want to be a singer?

Since I was young, people around me often say “You have a lot of talents, If you grow older, be an entertainer”. Actually, my father dream was to be a singer. And now, I think I reach the singer dream in place of my father.  When my father first saw NU’EST’s album, he was so happy that he was about to cry. At that time I think “I reached my dream as a singer, I did well”. ”I’m so happy that I can reach my father’s unreachable dream!”. (Laugh)

Q. Before debut, what kind of student were you in school?

Honestly, I’m a ‘Student who only sleeps’. It’s because my training activities, when I’m studying, I cover my face with book and then nod~nod~ I’m asleep.

Q. When you’re in practice room, one thing you think about the most?

“Now, not much time left” D-day 10. I do countdown in my mind. To a trainees, thinking about “Walking on endless road” is a poison. I always practiced with trainee’s heart who always think that my debut is just before my eyes.

Q. When you received the ‘First album of my life’, What did you feel?

I just realized that I ‘I really made a debut!’. When preparing for the album, every time when I’m tired, I’d always think ‘We’ll cry if our album come out’ but as conclusion, no one cried. Instead of tears, our heart was overflowing with joy. I had an unexplainable feelings.

Q. The hugest charm of NU’EST?

Firstly, each of us has different personalities, preferences and charm. I think the public can receive us well. But however, although 4 members is the same age, we’re comfortable with Aron hyung, just like friends. If we have a problem, without a repulsion, we’ll frankly share what’s on our mind, and I think it’s our team’s huge merit.

——

BAEKHO 1995.07.21

Q. Please introduce yourself

I’m Baekho who’s in charge of main vocal in NU’EST. Each member has their own style, and I’m in charge of the ‘Manly’ style. Not because my personality, but usually people around me often said that I am ‘Manly’. (Laugh)

Q. Your undeniable charm point?

My charm point is ‘Pupil’! My pupil color is brown, so usually, I get misunderstanding whether am I wearing lenses or not. But because I’m scared, I can’t put eye drops properly into my eyes.

Q. How was ‘Baekho’ name born?

Because when practicing, I look similar with comic character, Slam Dunk Kang Baekho, After School Uie gave me that name. When I first heard it, I think it was kinda childish, but because I often hear it, so now ‘Baekho’ sounds more familiar than my real name ‘Dongho’.

Q. Before debut, what kind of student were you in school?

I have a bright personality, so I match well with friends and I like playing around, and I think I’m also comfortable with ones who older than me. I attended Co-Ed School, rather than popular, I only received some Peppero and Chocolate on ’00 Day’. (Laugh) And because I do Komdo since a long time ago, after school I was a student that enjoyed sports.

Q.  Does the experience for being ‘After School Blue’s Back Dancer’ give a help for your performance on stage?

The ‘thrill’ when I first get on stage as a dancer! That energy give a support during tiresome practices on trainee days. Because I experienced the joy for being on stage, I get more greedy for everything about performance, and I think I’m working well.

Q. When you’re in practice room, one thing you think about the most?

Because my ‘Troublesome’ personality, when I don’t want to practice, I’m a person who uses tricks. (Shy) I was a ‘Bad trainee’ who when I’m really tired, comes to toilet to secretly rest. (Laugh)  When comeback is ahead, members was going through a lot together and then I think “Wait! Everyone are tired too, why am I the only one who’s being like this?”. After that I think “Let’s do a bit more! Let’s endure this”. But now, I’m ‘Exemplary Baekho’.

Q. When you received the ‘First album of my life’, What did you feel?

I was about to cry when I saw the album with NU’EST’s name, my name, our face in it. Trainee days went through just like a flash! I also think of people who I thank because giving me support. Actually, when I write the album ‘Thanks To’ there are a lot of people who I want to thank, so I wrote a long piece letter. Because it was too long, I edited it so it become more short. (Laugh)

——

JR 1995.06.08

Q. Please introduce yourself

I’m in charge of low rap, dance and leader in the team. I think my raspy voice is my merit.

Q. Your undeniable charm point?

Off-stage, I have a ‘Gentle eyes’. (Laugh) When I’m on stage, It’ll change into ‘Intense Eyes’. And I think ‘Reversal Eyes’ is my charm point.

Q. What kind of leader do you think you are?

Although I’m not the best, I’m the leader who wants to be the best someday! Although I’m still lacking, I’m a leader who’s doing my best. In the future, just like NU’EST title song ‘FACE’s lyrics, I want to make us to be a ‘Group with good relationship’ without conflicts. (Laugh)

Q. Before debut, what kind of student were you in school?

I attended All-boys High School, just like the friends who’s the same age as me, I was an ordinary student who like game, comic books, and animation. I couldn’t draw well, but because I like drawing in class, I drew manhwa and did other things. (Laugh) I really~ like animal so later when I grow older, I though I was going to be an ‘Animal Lover’ or ‘Cartoonist’. I really didn’t have a thought to be a singer, but since I was trainee, I begin to have a dream as a singer.

Q. At first, how did you start to be a trainee?

On the way to school, I accidentally casted. At first, a man asked “In this middle school, what name-tag color does the second-year student wear?” then I answered as smiling, “It’s green~” then he immediately asked “Do I want to try to be an entertainer on the agency Pledis?”, and he asked me for my father’s phone number. After that, as I’m being a trainee, I learned about music for the first time, seems like singer’s dream is gradually grow in my heart. It’s wonderful now that I think about it again.

Q. When you’re in practice room, one thing you think about the most?

I don’t think about other things. Seems like I often think about “Must work hard! Let’s do well”. For 3 years, everyday.

Q. Before debut, the most tough moment of your life?

When I practiced the turning movement, my ligament swells so I couldn’t dance for 2 months. At that time, It’s a first time I experience slump on the trainee activities. Other members are busy practicing but thanks to NU’EST members, they split time and teach me the dance, When I come out of a slump, I relieved. Now that I think about it I felt so thankful. Really!

Q. When you received the ‘First album of my life’, What did you feel?

I thought “Ah, this day has finally come!”. 3 years ago! I came as the first boy trainee in Pledis. At that time, I was a trainee who couldn’t do anything… I feel good because the album has come out, and that feeling was new. During the long 3 years, now I met NU’EST members, and I’m really happy that we become one.



Aron 1993.05.21 

Q. Please introduce yourself

Hello I’m NU’EST oldest hyung, Aron. Aron is my real name. I’m in charge of vocal and rap in the team, but I’m a little bit more confident with rap!

Q. Your undeniable charm point?

When I was in the US, because I was a student who diligently study, my charm point is ‘Smartness’. (Laugh) I have a ‘Smartness’ appeal but my Korean is still no good. Firstly! I’ll do my best learning Korean.

Q. You’re the only hyung in the team. What kind of hyung are you to your dongsaengs?

Firstly, seems like the dongsaengs are comfortable with me. Rather than ‘Oldest hyung’ I am more like a comfortable ‘friend’ to them. I still can’t speak Korean as well, so they make fun of me. They often teases me. I am the ‘Oldest Hyung’ who gets teased by the dongsaengs everyday. (Laugh)

Q. You’re a Korean stayed in America and now, doing activities in Korea, seems like you experienced a lot of difficulties.

When I was in middle school, I visited Korea to meet my cousins, but it was just for once. I started being a trainee, and when I came to Korea, I couldn’t speak Korean at all so talking with other people was really difficult. If there was no members who helped me by my side, I think I’ll cry alone, everyday.

Q. Now, did you get accustomed with daily life in Korea?

When I first came to Korea, I didn’t know anything so I’ll always say ‘OK’. I was ‘OK Man’. Until now, when the dongsaengs sees me, they’d say “Hyung~ Buy me food”. Although I love Korean food, now I can refuse while smiling. “Not OK” (Laugh).

Q. Before debut, what kind of student were you in school?

When I was in high school, as a fourth grader, I was a ‘Model Student’ who only know how to study. My grade was good. I took a college entrance exam SAT in US and I had a great point, and I got accepted to a college that was hard to enter (Laugh). Then despite it I ranked #1 for ‘Pledis USA Audition’, and casted as NU’EST member. Although I love rap, sing, and dance, the opportunity like this! Then I gave up on college and came to Korea. I came with a passion to be a singer.

Q. When you received the ‘First album of my life’, what did you feel?

There was a tough time when living in the dorm with Dongsaengs and when training, but there was also happy memories. After I saw the debut album, everything went through just like a movie. I thought, ‘This is the happy ending of short one-act play that NU’EST lead!”. Of course, NU’EST real movie hasn’t started yet. Please look forward. I’m sure it’ll be a box-office hit.

Q. How was your first debut stage?

My mother came from US to see her son first debut stage. I was so nervous. Although she said she’s really happy and proud of my performance, I can’t explain that time’s feeling with words. I still have a lot of lacking points, and I’m a rookie who still have a lot to do, when I’m tired I always recall the ‘First debut stage’.

——

MINHYUN 1995.08.09

Q. Please introduce yourself

Hello. I’m Minhyun who’s in charge of vocal in NU’EST, and the ‘Straight and Narrow Guy’ in daily life. (Laugh) Now, I play role as ‘Mother’ in the team.

Q. Your undeniable charm point?

I received compliment that I have a sweet voice from people who saw me playing piano and sing in the teaser. However,  My charm point should be ‘Sweet Voice’ (Laugh).

Q. Before debut, What kind of student were you in school?

I attended middle school in Busan, although I really had a dream to be a singer in my mind, I wasn’t the ‘Entertainer’ in school, but more like the ordinary ‘Beauty’. I was popular between my juniors in school. At lunch time, when I pass by, the girls would gather and whispers, If I glance my face will turn red and I’d run away. On ’00 Day’ when I came to school, there was a lot of candies and peppero in my locker or on my table. (Laugh)

Q. I heard that you’re the ‘Straight and Narrow guy’ in daily life, what do you think is the best rebellion in your life?

Because I was so hungry, during class, I ate the cup ramyun that I hide in between my legs! At that time I got scolded by my teacher. Now that I think about it again, I thought it was the best rebellion in my life. (Laugh)

Q. As ‘Straight and Narrow guy’, thing that you can’t endure the most?

Because I have a neat personality, I can’t endure un-arranged and things that make me dizzy. Especially, Baekho said I complains like a mom, but I can’t help it. (Laugh) We should live neatly!

Q. What makes you want to be a singer?

Since I was young I love to sing. I sing on bus, subway, public places and of course, when I’m showering. When people asked what’s my dream, I always said it’s to be a ‘Singer’. I will like singing forever. On trainee days, I ride subway with the other members and listening to the songs with earphone. But suddenly, the members with surprised eyes said “Shh! So embarrassing, Why do you sing?” to me. When I take-off my earphone, it was really~ quiet in the subway. (Laugh) Then I just continue with humming.

Q. Before debut, the most tough moment of your life?

When I first came from Busan to Seoul, it was so cold that I was surprised. This was in December, and, should I say (the most though moment) is because of Busan and Seoul’s temperature differences. I was only going back and forth from dorm to practice room so, I don’t really remember other things. (Laugh) Now, I’m perfectly adapted to Seoul weather!

Q. When you received the ‘First album of my life’, what did you feel?

As I think ‘Finally, I reached my dream as a singer’, then it came to my mind, ‘Did I reach my dream?’ I was out of it, that I can’t realized it yet. Because of responsibility to ‘Work harder in the future!’ I can’t just feeling happy. The feeling was just like walking on the clouds, a lot of feelings mixed into one and turned into strange feeling. Up until now, I still can’t realized it!

——

NU’EST ASK FOR NU’EST

NU Establish Star Talk

Q. (JR ask to All members) I always do my best as Leader. Do you think I play role as leader well?

Baekho : JR is just a pure boy in daily life, but on stage and practice room his stare changes 180 degree. I think JR is just exactly! Match well and I’m 100% contented.

Aron : Until now, JR is doing really good. Not because he’s a leader, but whatever JR says is right, and if JR order us to do something, I get the feeling that I must obey him? This must be the charisma.

Minhyun : Firstly~ He memorize our schedule. Before going to sleep, he always give a briefing for next day schedule is the basic, He already informed the interview questionnaire and script before hand. Where else can we find leader like him?

Ren : He has a strong responsibility. And he has an ability to command people around him. Sometimes, if I look at him, he looks like a dongsaeng to me. But, when I see him accomplish his duty as a leader, I see him as a hyung. Good leader!

Q. (Members ask to Baekho) In the morning, Manager hyung even pour water on to your face. When Minhyun wake up, he just naturally wake Baekho up first. Baekho-ya~ Why is it so difficult to wake you up in the morning?

Baekho : I really want to wake up! That’s also a question for me. I want to ask that to myself too, no one answer it~ Someone please let me know.

Q. (Baekho ask to Minhyun) I have a ‘Troublesome’ personality, so I don’t really tidy up my clothes and I just lay it on the floor. But Minhyun don’t seem to understand it.  Minhyun-ah~ why do you insist the straight daily life?

Minhyun : Not that I ‘Insist’ it, I think that I must do it. My parents always taught me to treat people around me well. And greet people well. (Laugh) Baekho-ya~ Arranging things is a basic~ Now that I just revealed it, I was the ‘Beauty’ in school! If there’s a student like you in my class, it’s a penalty.

Q. (All members to All members) I’m suddenly curious. What’s your favorite food?

Baekho : When I was young, I had a bad trauma with ‘Hot spicy meat stew’, so I like everything except that.

JR : I like everything, except tomatoes! Should I say I hate its flavor? I like meat! Chicken, hamburger, steak, galbi the most.

Aron : I like pig-skin the most. I ate it when I first came to Korean and it was so delicious. I ate it thoroughly and I was happy. Chewy~







Cr : SnowLotus


Thanks to thenuest for the translation

DO NOT MODIFY, EDIT THE PICTURE AND CRAP THE LOGO.TAKEOUT WITH THE FULL CREDIT.

No comments:

Post a Comment